Saturday, January 13, 2007

Welcome to Baby Viking!


Hello everyone! Joe and I thought it would be nice to have a blog devoted to our new baby, so people can read updates and see pictures and such. So, we created this page, The Baby Viking. We hope you visit often!

So far, there are no really exciting updates. My gut is getting much bigger, and February 9 seems to be sneaking up on us. As of right now, I am 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Not that I am counting, or anything.

We have most of the things we need for the baby: crib, changing table, etc.


Joe even built a bookshelf for the baby's growing library:


We saw the birth center at our hospital (United) this week, and it seems we will either get a suite or a dorm-sized space with no tub (never fear--there is a communal bathtub area just down the hall. It reminds me of European Vacation, and not in a good way). I am kind of hoping for a suite. It's first come, first served, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

So, the countdown is on. Soon enough we will know the gender and what it looks like. We will update often, if there are things to update about. Don't be surprised if there aren't many posts in the next few weeks, though. But once I pop, you'll see lots of nice pictures and stuff. Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Cruelty-Free Mommy said...

Sorry,real readers. Joe and I made it so spammers can't harrass us anymore.

Pacifist Viking said...

Thanks, 04356074a and kejing2002! One can tell from your personal and kind remarks that you are loving, caring people with genuine concern for humanity!

In other words, the Word Verification is on now, folks.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, looks like you are all set. Oh, one thing though, diaper genies are crap as well as an extra expense.

Anonymous said...

Nice, welcoming nursery, Sadie and Joe. Can't wait to see who you get to put in it! Good luck through the last few weeks, Sadie. Enjoy your nights of relatively uninterrupted sleep.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Well done, kids! You made the perfect little angel. We can't wait to meet Fox. Sadie, why did you have an emergency C-section? I'll be watching your blog for more delightful pictures of the Fischer family. Way to go!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

WOW! Yeah for the new baby! When I called Chris at work to tell him, he wanted to go straight over to meet the new baby (um... still at school Chris...)! We are excited to meet Fox.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Barb called me last night to let me know baby Fox had arrived. Congratulations! Barb thinks he looks like you Joe, but I think he has a little of Sadie in him too. He sure is a cutie. Best wishes to you as you venture into this next chapter in your life!

Pam Massie