Friday, April 24, 2009

End of Pregnancy Update

No pics this time, just an update on the new baby. I had an appointment yesterday, and all seems well, except that I have not delivered yet. My due date is Monday, so it is coming up fast. My doctor checked and found that I am dilated half a centimeter, which she says is progress from last week, but to me it doesn't sound very promising. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday afternoon so they can make sure the baby still has enough amniotic fluid, see that the placenta is healthy enough to carry on into overtime, and be sure that the baby is practicing his breathing movements. If it seems like there is a problem at the point, they will send me over to United for surgery Monday. But likely, it will be fine. Then, I can keep trying to go into labor until Friday, at which point we have scheduled a c-section. My doctor thinks I will deliver before then and it won't end up coming to surgery, but we will see. I still feel mostly the same, though I have been having some contractions. They only come every few hours or so, and they aren't all that painful yet, so I clearly have a long way to go.

I am really hoping to be able to deliver the baby without having surgery, because the recovery was pretty rough for me last time. But either way, I am ok with it. And it is nice to have an end in sight--no matter what, I will have a baby within one week. I guess I shouldn't say that, either, because although my doctor and I said Friday would be the day, we still have to make sure a surgeon and an OR are available. So, I guess there is a chance the c-section would have to wait until the following week, but I am being optimistic. And I plan to go into labor tonight, anyway.

1 comment:

tubal reversal said...

Most obstetricians recommend that women preparing to conceive visit the gynecologist to talk about everything from diet and caring your baby. For women with a chronic illness, such as psoriasis, prepregnancy is a perfect time to talk about treatments that will be safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding